- What objects are attracted to magnets (steel and iron) and which ones are not attracted to magnets.
- How to draw the lines of force around a magnet and show you where the two poles are located.
- How one magnet will affect another using the words attract and repel.
- How to compare and measure the strengths of magnets and how that will affect the materials around them.
- Where magnets are used in our world and why they are used.
- How to identify the North and South poles of a magnet.
- That most materials allow a magnetic field to pass through them.
Later in the unit, students will be asked to construct a toy or game that uses a magnet at home. Stay tuned for more details about that project, and for our further learning about magnets!