- We have a new set of spelling words this week: his, is, an, and, can, all, call, land, small, have, are, and hand. You can browse the spelling section of this website for information on how to practice these words at home. Students brought home their first spelling test on this past Friday, and everyone did their very best work!
- Our art field trip to St. Albert is coming this Wednesday, September 30. We will be leaving Millgrove on the bus bright and early at 8:50. Thanks to the people who have will be joining us at St. Albert Place! I believe I've provided information to all of the volunteers, but send me an email at email@example.com if you didn't receive the map and meet-up directions for some reason.
- Parent teacher interviews are coming up next week on Wednesday, October 7 and Thursday, October 8. Parents should have received an email about booking their time at https://millgrove.schoolappointments.com/. I look forward to speaking to you and your child about the progress they've already made this year!
- Individual picture day will take place this Friday, October 2, so students can come in their photo-ready attire and hair-dos. We will do our best to keep them intact before the pictures take place!
- Students are thrilled that the milk program at Millgrove starts this Tuesday, September 29, and the first hot lunch will be delivered this Friday, October 2 if your students have ordered.
We don't quite have the go-ahead to send out class updates via email, so here's another post about the week ahead. We're looking forward to our first field trip to the pottery studios at St. Albert Place on Wednesday morning!
Mrs. Barker is a grade two teacher at Millgrove School. She loves science and reading, and lives in a little brick house with Mr. Barker and her son Jack.